Written by Daniel
Technorati has been known as one of the best blog search engines around the blogosphere. The function is simple, Technorati will index blogs which have been submitted by the users to their database, and then, Technorati will help newbie find blogs that are really interesting to read without being spammed with the meaningless keywords they usually met in the SERPs.
Anyway, among other social bookmarking sites that spread out around the blogosphere, Technorati has also become one of the best social bookmarking sites that mainly has a function to increase the popularity of blogs. By submitting your blog to Technorati, you can start gaining popularity depends on the responses that you receive for your blog.
Okay, if you are interested to submit your blog to Technorati and install the "Add to Technorati Favorite" button to your blog? Here's the tutorial.
1. Go to the Technorati website
To register to Technorati, you must firstly go to http://www.technorati.com and join to their site. After landing to that website, on the upper right navigation, now press Join to become the member of Technorati website.
2. Fill the required fields to register
In the new page, you will be prompted with the registration form. Now fill the required fields using your own real information, and press Register.
3. Verify your Technorati account
In order to activate your Technorati account, you must firstly check your email inbox you've registered on Technorati.
4. Log in to Technorati Account
After checking your email inbox, you will see a new email from Technorati to verify your account. Now click at the link inside the email, and then, log in to your Technorati Account.
5. Click your usernameOn the upper right position of Technorati website, you will see your username. Now click your username to begin submitting your blog to Technorati.
6. Start claiming your blog
After landing to the profile configuration, now submit your blog to the Technorati website. Now scroll down to the bottom and look at the option "My claimed blog". In the required field on Start a blog claim, now enter the URL address of your blog (e.g., http://www.whatmakesblog.com) and then press the Claim button.
7. Verify your blog claim
In the new page, Technorati will ask you to put a unique code in your new blog post. After putting the unique code inside your new blog post, now verify the code inside the Blog Claim page on your Technorati website.
8. Install the Technorati widgetOkay, after your blog has been verified and accepted to Technorati website, now it's time to install the Technorati widget. Now block the code below: As you can see in the code above, now replace the address "www.whatmakesblog.com" with your own blog address. After that, copy the code to the Notepad.
9. Paste the Code in your blog layout
Well, that's it for now. If you face any problem applying one of the steps in this article, don't be shy to leave your question in this blog. Let me help you with your problem. And if you fell helped with this article, feel free to share this article to your friends either on Facebook or Twitter. I will be thankful for that.